[Wikisource-l] Wikidata property for non-fiction characters
Bodhisattwa Mandal
2018-04-06 14:03:09 UTC

is there any Wikidata property for characters depicted in non-fiction
literatures? I found Properties like characters (P674) for fictions,
depicts (P180) for works like paintings, main subject (P921) for primary
topic of a work, but couldn't find something for non-fictions. Am I missing
something?
Bodhisattwa
billinghurst
2018-04-06 15:54:23 UTC
Aren't they just called people? What are you looking to achieve?
depicts(P180) <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P180>statement is
subject of(P805) <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P805>
subject has role(P2868) <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P2868>
owner of(P1830) <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1830>
dedicated to(P825) <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P825>
identity of subject in context(P4649)
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P4649>
patron(P1962) <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1962>
I predominantly use P805 where it is a chapter, or biographical entry
about a person, so if you can give more context

-- Billinghurst

Bodhisattwa
Nicolas VIGNERON
2018-04-06 16:06:51 UTC

If I understand correctly, Bodhisattwa, you want the same thing as P674 but
for people and non-fiction (instead of character and fiction).
AFAIK, that doesn't exist yet but you should ask for it (on
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal ).

Cdlt, ~nicolas
Bodhisattwa Mandal
Bodhisattwa
Bodhisattwa Mandal
2018-04-06 18:44:39 UTC

In this item <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q12308313> the property Characters
(P674) <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P674> has been used for a
non-fiction literary work, whereas the property is said to be related to
works of fiction. Now, I am confused, if P674 is allowed for non-fiction
or not?

I am also finding difficulty to propose a name for the new property for
non-fiction characters, shall it be ''Characters in non-fictions'' or is
there any specific term for it?

Help needed.
Post by Bodhisattwa Mandal
Thats correct, Nicolas. I was asking about that. Thanks. ~~~~
Hi,