[Wikisource-l] Carl Malamud is doing India
Federico Leva (Nemo)
2018-04-28 14:59:07 UTC
«Received 36 books today. Totally thrilled with the selection. I’m
paying $10 or even $20 for books that sell for 150 rupees, but many of
these are old and I’d never be able to find them except on the market.
Going to have the definitive set of high-quality scans of GOI books.»
«5 scrapes of sites are going well. State library crawl of 1903-2014
southern gazettes is about to hit year 2000, the crawl of 23k books from
Bengal half-way done (so 3 more months), the download of videos up to
700 films out of 5k, about 200 gbytes so far.»
https://twitter.com/carlmalamud/status/989975678207455232
https://twitter.com/carlmalamud/status/989974421476491264
https://twitter.com/carlmalamud/status/990096301361545216

Federico
Nicolas VIGNERON

Federico Leva (Nemo)
2018-04-28 17:05:22 UTC
Post by Nicolas VIGNERON
Can we have the context here? I'm not sure to understand what this is
about...
Sorry, I thought you'd know him:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Malamud

Many of us know him for his work around PACER. Looks like his archival
projects are expanding to India. He seemingly gets Indian documents and
then gets them scanned, some from the Internet Archive I think.

Federico
Bodhisattwa Mandal