Bengali Wikisource awareness campaign videos
Add Reply
Bodhisattwa Mandal
2018-10-01 03:37:19 UTC
Hi all,

[Sorry for not adding the subject in the previous mail, many apologies]

We are happy to announce that, three Bengali Wikisource Awareness Campaign
videos have been released in Youtube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_fhMDPgSjGGaGGvY4A38Q> of West Bengal
Wikimedians user Group
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/West_Bengal_Wikimedians>. This campaign
was first such initiative to promote Wikisource among new readers.

The project was first placed in IdeaLab
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Awareness_video_for_Bengali_Wikisource>
as part of Inspire Campaign and was later funded by Wikimedia Foundation rapid
grant
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/WBG/Awareness_video_for_Bengali_Wikisource>.
The details can be found here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bengali_Wikisource_Awareness_Campaign>.

The youtube links of the short videos can be found here -
* àŠ²à§‡ àŠ¹àŠŸàŠ²à§àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ
(What just
happened)
* àŠ®àŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒà§‡àŠ° àŠšàŠœàŠ° http://youtu.be/IU3O9AC5Z3g (Watchful eyes)
http://youtu.be/IU3O9AC5Z3g * àŠŠà§àŠšàŠ¿àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ àŠ¯àŠ–àŠš àŠŠà§‹àŠ°àŠ—à§‹àŠ¡àŠŒàŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒ
http://youtu.be/IU3O9AC5Z3g (World at your doorstep)

The videos were also uploaded to Commons. The links are as follows-
* àŠ²à§‡ àŠ¹àŠŸàŠ²à§àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:àŠ²à§‡_àŠ¹àŠŸàŠ²à§àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ_(àŠ‰àŠ‡àŠ•àŠ¿àŠžàŠ‚àŠ•àŠ²àŠš_àŠžàŠšà§‡àŠ€àŠšàŠ€àŠŸ_àŠ­àŠ¿àŠ¡àŠ¿àŠ“).webm>
(What just happened)
* àŠ®àŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒà§‡àŠ° àŠšàŠœàŠ° <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:àŠ®àŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒà§‡àŠ°_àŠšàŠœàŠ°.webm>
(Watchful eyes)
* àŠŠà§àŠšàŠ¿àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ àŠ¯àŠ–àŠš àŠŠà§‹àŠ°àŠ—à§‹àŠ¡àŠŒàŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒ
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:àŠŠà§àŠšàŠ¿àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ_àŠ¯àŠ–àŠš_àŠŠà§‹àŠ°àŠ—à§‹àŠ¡àŠŒàŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒ.webm>
(World at your doorstep)

The video production could have not been possible without -
* Director - Ishan Sharma (Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute,
Kolkata)
* Cinematographer - Sukhansaar Singh (do)
* Executive Producer - Aryaman Nath (do)
* Sound Director - Sukrit Sen (do)
* Focus Puller - Theodros Tadesse (Ethiopia)
* Assistant Director - Sneha Das (do)
* Editor - Himangshu Kamble (Mumbai)
* Colorist - Pankaj Nelson (Mumbai)
* Plot proposer - Deepanjan Ghosh (Radio Mirchi Kolkata)
* Cast - Sujan Ghosh, Suavo Mukherjee, Ritam Sarkar, Raja Chakravorty,
Shrabanti Bhattacharya and Avinash
* Bengali Wikisource team - Bodhisattwa Mandal, Hrishikes Sen, Mahir
Morshed, Jayanta Nath
* WMF liaison - Satdeep Gill (Thanks a lot, buddy!)

It was a completely new experience for us, and we have learnt a lot from
the entire project. We will try to promote the videos for next 1 month and
submit our grant report within the deadline of 30 October, 2018.

Please do watch the videos and feel free to create subtitles in your
languages. The English and Bengali subtitles are already there in Youtube
and Commons.

Enjoy!!

Thanks,
Bodhisattwa
Bengali Wikisource community
West Bengal Wikimedians User Group
Bodhisattwa Mandal
2018-10-01 04:13:03 UTC
Sorry,

The links of the youtube videos were not correctly shared by me previously.
I am sharing them again.

* àŠ²à§‡ àŠ¹àŠŸàŠ²à§àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ http://youtu.be/IU3O9AC5Z3g (What just
happened)
* àŠ®àŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒà§‡àŠ° àŠšàŠœàŠ°
(Watchful eyes)
http://youtu.be/IU3O9AC5Z3g * àŠŠà§àŠšàŠ¿àŠ¯àŠŒàŠŸ àŠ¯àŠ–àŠš àŠŠà§‹àŠ°àŠ—à§‹àŠ¡àŠŒàŠŸàŠ¯àŠŒ
(World at your doorstep)

Thanks Abhinav for pointing that out.

Many apologies,
Bodhisattwa
Bodhisattwa
Federico Leva (Nemo)
2018-10-01 06:12:16 UTC
Post by Bodhisattwa Mandal
The videos were also uploaded to Commons. The links are as follows-
* লে হালুয়া
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87_%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BC%E0%A6%BE_%28%E0%A6%89%E0%A6%87%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%82%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%B2%E0%A6%A8_%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%9A%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE_%E0%A6%AD%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A1%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%93%29.webm>
(What just happened)
* মায়ের নজর
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BC%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0_%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%B0.webm>
(Watchful eyes)
Very funny! Although I wonder if Sutanu was really happy. :-)

Federico