Fwd: Wikimedia affiliate/user group social media accounts
Andrea Zanni
2018-10-23 09:13:02 UTC
Can someone reply to this?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Aubrie Johnson <***@wikimedia.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 1:13 AM
Subject: Wikimedia affiliate/user group social media accounts
Cc: <***@wikimedia.org>

Hello,

The Digital Media team at the Wikimedia Foundation is currently updating
our information about movement social media accounts so that we can share
best practices, send out information about upcoming campaigns, and ensure
that we're amplifying messaging that's coming out from accounts across the
movement.

Could you please let us know:

a) What active accounts your affiliate uses on Facebook, Twitter, and any
other social media networks?
b) Who runs those accounts?
c) Are there any other Wikimedia-related accounts you’ve managed in the
past that are now inactive?

We're in the process of sending out biweekly emails to the Communications
Committee mailing list (wmfcc-***@lists.wikimedia.org) and want to make sure
that we're reaching everyone who is using social media to move our movement
forward.

Thanks! Please let us know if you have any questions, using
***@wikimedia.org, which reaches the entire team.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Aubrie Johnson (she/her)
Social Media Associate
Wikimedia Foundation

Follow Wikipedia on Twitter <http://twitter.com/wikipedia> | Facebook
<http://facebook.com/wikipedia> | Instagram <http://instagram.com/Wikipedia>
<https://line.me/R/ti/p/%40wikipedia>
Lars Aronsson
2018-10-23 11:25:02 UTC
Post by Andrea Zanni
The Digital Media team at the Wikimedia Foundation is currently
updating our information about movement social media accounts so that
we can share best practices, send out information about upcoming
campaigns, and ensure that we're amplifying messaging that's coming
out from accounts across the movement.
a) What active accounts your affiliate uses on Facebook, Twitter, and
any other social media networks?
b) Who runs those accounts?
c) Are there any other Wikimedia-related accounts you’ve managed in
the past that are now inactive?
A couple of years back, I created
https://www.facebook.com/Wikisource/
now having 2800 followers and
https://www.facebook.com/Wiktionary.org/
now having 1200 followers.
I have made many co-admins to both pages, most of
which are well-known contributors to these projects.

If anybody else wants to be a co-admin with the
ability to post to these pages, add me as a friend
on Facebook and then I can add you as co-admin.
https://www.facebook.com/lars.aronsson.355
--
Lars Aronsson (***@aronsson.se, user:LA2)
Linköping, Sweden
Federico Leva (Nemo)
2018-10-23 12:26:13 UTC
Post by Andrea Zanni
a) What active accounts your affiliate uses on Facebook, Twitter, and
any other social media networks?
b) Who runs those accounts?
c) Are there any other Wikimedia-related accounts you’ve managed in the
past that are now inactive?
Hi Audrie, please note that the correct place where to share this
information is Meta-Wiki, namely
* https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Facebook_pages and
* https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Microblogging_handles
(more information could be added for different social media of needed).

I recommend that you ask people to use those pages to provide the
information you asked, or that you add there any information that
instead happened to be shared to you by email.

Thanks,
Federico