Eastern Punjabi Wikisource
Satdeep Gill
2016-10-28 15:09:13 UTC
Hello all,

I would like to share with immense pleasure that finally Google OCR has
started recognizing Gurmukhi text instead of showing Chinese characters. We
have been editing Eastern Punjabi Wikisource regularly for the past few
months. We also have some books which can be uploaded on local wiki only. I
would like to propose that pa.wikisource.org be created.

Check the meta page here:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikisource_Eastern_Punjabi

Stats can be checked here:
https://tools.wmflabs.org/meta/catanalysis/index.php?cat=1&title=%E0%A8%AA%E0%A9%B0%E0%A8%9C%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%AC%E0%A9%80&wiki=sourceswiki
--
Regards
Satdeep Gill
+91-9465155746
Bodhisattwa Mandal
2016-10-28 16:15:42 UTC
Hi,

Great news!! Its really good to see another language getting OCR support.

Best of luck,
Bodhisattwa
mathieu stumpf guntz
2016-10-28 16:31:28 UTC
Awesome! Congratulation for having realised this great step. :)
<http://pa.wikisource.org> be created.
Jayanta Nath