edit-a-thon for wikisource
balaji
2018-03-18 17:55:37 UTC
Hi,
Suppose If we have to conduct edit-a-thon for wikisource how to
quantify the contribution of the contributions ? how to rank them and award
prizes?

Regards,
J. Balaji.
(User:Balajijagadesh)
Federico Leva (Nemo)
2018-03-18 19:17:51 UTC
   Suppose If we have to conduct edit-a-thon for wikisource how to
quantify the contribution of the contributions ? how to rank them and
award prizes?
The Italian Wikisource would probably use the same criteria as forteh
Wikisource birthday contest: count the number of pages created or
brought to an higher proofread level, apply a different weight to the
two as needed.

Federico
Andrea Zanni
2018-03-19 10:24:23 UTC
You can count in different ways proofread pages (3 points)
and validated pages (1 point).
Then you just count (an editathon is short so you don't need fancy things,
although there are scripts to do it).

We give the 1st prize to the person with more points,
than we give the 2nd and 3rd prize with a "lottery": every point you have
is one ticket, so the more you have points the more chances you have to
win.

I encourage you to Keep It Simple for the first time: make sure to check
that everyone is behaving and not cheating (ie marking as validated a page
that is quickly read), and you should not have problems.

Aubrey
Jayanta Nath
2018-03-19 10:43:39 UTC
Hi Balaji,

Just past year we have completed our Bengali 10th Years Anniversary
Proofreading Contest.

https://bn.wikisource.org/wiki/WSCONTEST10, you can follow our Rule.

The big problem is we have no tool to count the Proofreading. As like
wikipedia have fountain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Fountain ,
https://tools.wmflabs.org/fountain/editathons/, so you have to do it
manually.

I have knocked some many person to developed tool , but its not developed.

Regards,
Jayanta Nath
balaji
2018-03-19 14:01:03 UTC
Hi Andrea Zanni & Jayanta Nath,
Thanks for the detailed
replies. That was helpful. It has cleared many of my doubts.

Regards,
J. Balaji.