A draft nsPage viewer
Alex Brollo
2017-06-14 06:02:19 UTC
Try this link:

https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/Indice:Collodi_-_Le_avventure_di_Pinocchio,_Bemporad,_1892.djvu?vis=true

I hope, it will be inspiring for something better.

Alex brollo, itwikisource
Bodhisattwa Mandal

Bodhisattwa
Nicolas VIGNERON

Alex Brollo
2017-06-14 08:03:44 UTC
The code is into https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-vis.js
(running) and into
https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-visTest.js (development
version), with some dependencies to other it.wikisource gadgets.

I'm far from a good programmer, so I guess that you've to "catch the idea"
then deeply reviewing it. Bengali importation will need special care for
non-arabic page numbers. Consider the gadget simply a running proof that
"it can be done". :-(

Alex
Gerard Meijssen
2017-06-14 08:22:54 UTC
Hoi,
Has it been considered to Internationalise and Localise the code at
translatewiki.net ?
Thanks,
GerardM
Thomas Pellissier Tanon

Alex Brollo
2017-06-14 08:55:27 UTC
Thanks for your interest! :-)
Try too this link to see what happens when you try to browse a "red index",
with no created page:
https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/Indice:Vico_-_La_scienza_nuova,_2,_1913.djvu?vis=true

Alex

Post by Gerard Meijssen
Hoi,
Has it been considered to Internationalise and Localise the code at
translatewiki.net ?
Post by Gerard Meijssen
Thanks,
GerardM
Pierre-Yves Beaudouin

Alex Brollo

Alex Brollo
2017-07-05 09:46:33 UTC
Just a fast update, now the viewer shows too OCR of "red pages" and
implements usual wikimedia search, highlighting target words both in
existing pages and in those showing OCR text. It has been exported too into
vec.source, just to test how much running it into a different project is
painful (not so much painful... but vec.source isn't so much different from
it.source).

Alex
Post by Alex Brollo
Great! Obviously vis.js is inspired to IA viewer, even if pages content is
wikisource nsPage html. I didn.t know anything about https://phabricator.
wikimedia.org/T154100 .....
Post by Gerard Meijssen
Hoi,
Has it been considered to Internationalise and Localise the code at
translatewiki.net ?
Post by Gerard Meijssen
Thanks,
GerardM