Nelson Mandela's Trial diary
Add Reply
Asaf Bartov
2018-07-19 13:57:38 UTC
Hello, Wikisourcerors!

Just in time for Mandela's centenary and Wikimania in Cape Town, South
Africa, we have just made available for transcription on Wikisource
Mandela's handwritten diary from the [[Rivonia Trial]] [1], which led to
Mandela's long imprisonment. The diary was contributed by the Mandela
Foundation, Johannesburg.

Come lend a hand:
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Index:Travel_diary_from_the_Rivonia_Trial_(State_v._Nelson_Mandela_and_Others).pdf

Cheers,

A.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivonia_Trial
Nicolas VIGNERON
2018-07-19 14:27:46 UTC
Great!

Before we start transcribing, shouldn't the images be split in two to fit
the pages? (and it would be easier to transcribe too)

Cdlt, ~nicolas
Sam Wilson
2018-07-26 00:48:53 UTC
I wondered about that, but it doesn't seem that hard to scroll side to
side as there's not a huge amount of text on most pages.

If they were higher resolution, it might be more useful, but zooming in
doesn't gain all that much with these it seems.

And should we set up a template for the page headers?
<https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Index:Travel_diary_from_the_Rivonia_Trial_%28State_v._Nelson_Mandela_and_Others%29.pdf>
mathieu lovato stumpf guntz