header and footer in page namespace
balaji
2017-07-02 15:41:49 UTC
Hi,
I am an admin in Tamil wikisource. There is need felt by many that the
header and footer must be visible in page namespace for everyone by
default. How to set that option. Currently one has to go to setting and
enable it. Mostly people don't know they have to do that.

Regards,
J. Balaji

Username: Balajijagadesh
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Balajijagadesh>
Nicolas VIGNERON
2017-07-02 15:47:08 UTC
Hi,

Do you speak about the header and foot in edit proofread page mode? (I
guess but just to be sure)
If so, I think too it should be by default for all wikisources (at least
for frws, it's a very frequently asked question).

Cdlt, ~nicolas
balaji
2017-07-02 15:49:20 UTC
Hi ,
Yes. I am talking about the header and footer in edit proofread page
mode. Many are not knowing about it.

Regards,
J. Balaji

Username: Balajijagadesh

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Nicolas VIGNERON <***@gmail.com

Nicolas VIGNERON
2017-07-02 16:07:28 UTC

> Hi ,
> Yes. I am talking about the header and footer in edit proofread page
> mode. Many are not knowing about it.
>
> Regards,
> J. Balaji
>
> Username: Balajijagadesh

Ok.

I've start a discussion on the french wikisource to know what the community
there think about it :
https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Scriptorium/Juillet_2017#Afficher_les_en-t.C3.AAtes_et_pieds_de_pages_par_d.C3.A9faut

Cdlt, ~nicolas
Paulis Ws
2017-07-02 16:13:05 UTC
Hi!

We do not need a header or footer in DE to correct pages. If necessary,
they can be opened or made permanently visible in the settings. Durable
display only confuses new users and also requires unnecessary screen space.

Best regards
Paulis

balaji
2017-07-02 18:02:09 UTC
Hi,
In english wikisource the header and footer is enabled for all users
by default as of my knowledge. If anyone know the method to e enable such
option for every one in Tamil Wikisource please let me know.

Regards,
J. Balaji.

Username: Balajijagadesh

Thomas Pellissier Tanon
2017-07-02 19:52:42 UTC
> If anyone know the method to e enable such option for every one in Tamil Wikisource please let me know.

You have to request a wiki configuration change. For that you should open a new task on Phabricator [1] and tag it with projects "Wikimedia-Site-requests" and "ProofreadPage".

Cheers,

Thomas

[1] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org

balaji
2017-07-03 03:22:26 UTC
Hi,
Thanks for the guidance. Have filed the request in phabricator.

Regards,
Balaji

username: Balajijagadesh