Tech details
Thomas Pellissier Tanon
2017-07-02 12:41:08 UTC
Dear all,

Two tech news:

1. Amrit (in CC) has converted the Index: pages editing interface to OOjs-UI (the new MediaWiki UI toolkit). It is already live on beta wiki [1] and should be deployed next Wednesday. He does it as part as his Google Summer of Code project [2].

2. Wikidata now provides a new Lua function mw.wikibase.getEntityIdForTitle( 'MY PAGE TITLE' ) that allows to retrieve the item which is linked to a given page. It could be use on Wikisource to retrieve, e.g., the item of 'My Book Edition' from the header template of "My Book Edition/Chapter 1", and, so, use the data from the "My Book Edition" item to fill the header template.

Cheers,

Thomas

[1] https://en.wikisource.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Index:Dictionary_of_National_Biography_volume_51.djvu&action=edit
Zdzislaw
2017-07-02 17:42:10 UTC
Hello Tpt,

On 2 July 2017 at 14:41, Thomas Pellissier Tanon
Post by Thomas Pellissier Tanon
Dear all,
1. Amrit (in CC) has converted the Index: pages editing interface to OOjs-UI (the new MediaWiki UI toolkit). It is already live on beta wiki [1] and should be deployed next Wednesday. He does it as part as his Google Summer of Code project [2].
what about the "help" (optional) (//a short help text) appearing as
a question mark tool-tip after after the form field name?
there is no in the example on
https://en.wikisource.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Index:Dictionary_of_National_Biography_volume_51.djvu&action=edit
is it implemented in new OOjs-UIs?

Z.
Thomas Pellissier Tanon
2017-07-02 19:50:37 UTC
what about the "help" (optional) (//a short help text) appearing as a question mark tool-tip after after the form field name?
is it implemented in new OOjs-UIs?
Yes it is implemented and should work just like before (but with the OOj-UI design).

Cheers,

Thomas