Validated works on kowikisource?
Add Reply
Sam Wilson
2017-10-12 04:14:40 UTC
No validated works found for ko
The ws-cat-browser is saying it can't find any validated and categorized
mainspace works on kowikisource.

Is this correct? Is there any meant to be anything in the
validated-index category?
https://ko.wikisource.org/wiki/%EB%B6%84%EB%A5%98:%EA%B2%80%EC%A6%9D%EB%90%9C_%EC%83%89%EC%9D%B8

Thanks,
Sam.
Gerard Meijssen
2017-10-12 05:18:36 UTC
Hoi,
Is there a query in Wikidata for all the validated and complete books in
Wikisource?
Thanks,
GerardM
Sam Wilson
Gerard Meijssen
2017-10-12 06:14:15 UTC
Hoi,
What does it take to get the validation-status in Wikidata. If anything it
is the most important attribute. Knowing what people can read trumps
everything.
Thanks,
GerardM
billinghurst
2017-10-12 07:21:28 UTC
The validation flag for wikisource on wikidata is a manual switch, and
none of the available external tools/toys are able to tweak it at this
point of time.

-- billinghurst

Yongmin H.
2017-10-12 05:37:49 UTC
Assuming it¡¯s index: namespace, we didn¡¯t have such feature until I translated Index: (and the companion NS) in 2014 or 15, and even after then nobody seemed to care about the index: ns stuff.

I¡¯m not a kowikisource regular editor, as a disclaimer.

--
Yongmin
Sent from my iPhone
Gerard Meijssen
2017-10-12 06:15:36 UTC
Hoi,
When this data is in Wikidata, we can build a query that shows all the
ready books in every language. We can then package it and measure how often
books are read. This is the purpose of Wikisource isn't it?
Thanks,
GerardM
Assuming it’s index: namespace, we didn’t have such feature until I
translated Index: (and the companion NS) in 2014 or 15, and even after then
nobody seemed to care about the index: ns stuff.
I’m not a kowikisource regular editor, as a disclaimer.
--
Yongmin
Sent from my iPhone
https://wp.revi.blog
Text licensed under CC BY ND 2.0 KR
Please note that this address is list-only address and any non-mailing
list mails will be treated as spam.
Please use https://encrypt.to/0x947f156f16250de39788c3c35b625da5beff197a.
Nicolas VIGNERON
2017-10-12 07:23:27 UTC
Hi,

The validation-status data can and sometimes is stored in Wikidata. See how
it is stored here : https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Help:Badges and here an
example of Wikidata query for all items about validated text :
http://tinyurl.com/yaud3uoy

Thad said, most of the times Wikidata is not up-to-date, and there should
be a tool to take care of that instead of human being.

Cdlt, ~nicolas
Gerard Meijssen
2017-10-12 08:31:29 UTC
Hoi,
Yes we need to have a better mechanism. However, there is nothing stopping
us to publish all the books that are finished and ready to be read. That is
the proof of the Wikisource pudding..

So is there a Wikidata query showing all the books that are finished and
ready to read. With this we can advertise, having all books makes it
complete. Knowing all books that are finished is secondary.
Thanks,
GerardM
Yongmin H.

ankry.wiki
2017-10-12 10:30:14 UTC
The index status information IS available in MediaWiki, see:

https://en.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Special:IndexPages

Unfortunately, it is hard to use it as
* it seems to be available only as this HTML special page (no API interface, no LUA interface)
* if is available only for 10000 index pages and it is unclear how data is sorted (i.e. what is the characteristic of pages that exceed the 10000 limit); however it hurts only the two largest wikisources at the moment (fr with over 15600 index pages and en with over 11500)
* the index status is often not up-to-date; index pages need to be purged then.

In pl.ws we use this data to update index status by bot, eg. on this page:
  https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/WS:Wikiprojekt_Proofread

IMO, if this information is available via API or directly in wikicode, it will be more convenient to use, and maybe useful also for automatic Wikidata status update (assuming there is a link to index page there).

Ankry