Hangout session
Nicolas VIGNERON
2017-10-31 19:03:31 UTC
Hi everyone,

From January to April of this year, we had hangout session to talk more
directly about Wikisource (see
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_Community_User_Group#2017 for
the notes of these sessions).

Among subjects that can be discuss:
- Wikisource and Wikidata (and some infos about the WikidataCon in Berlin
last weekend)
- a second Wikisource conference in 2018 ?
- various issues or accomplishments you want to share or need help from
others
- the Wikisource Community User Group

What do you think of doing this again? Who would be interested to join? (it
was during week-end - Saturday or Sunday - afternoon to allow people from
all other the globe to join in, I suggest Saturday 4 from 14:00 UTC to
15:00 UTC
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=November+Wikisource+Hangout&iso=2017-11-04T14:00:00
).

Cdlt, ~nicolas
Sam Wilson
2017-11-01 00:03:14 UTC
Great idea! I'm up for this Saturday.
Post by Nicolas VIGNERON
Hi everyone,
From January to April of this year, we had hangout session to talk
more directly about Wikisource (see
Andrea Zanni
mathieu stumpf guntz
2017-11-01 14:18:57 UTC
Would it possible to do it through a FLOSS solution like jitsi[1], or at
least try?

Cheers

[1] https://jitsi.org/
Post by Andrea Zanni
I won't be able to attend this Saturday, but please do it ;-)
Great idea! I'm up for this Saturday.
Post by Nicolas VIGNERON
Hi everyone,
From January to April of this year, we had hangout session to
talk more directly about Wikisource (see
Nicolas VIGNERON
2017-11-01 14:34:03 UTC
Post by mathieu stumpf guntz
Would it possible to do it through a FLOSS solution like jitsi[1], or at
least try?
Cheers
[1] https://jitsi.org
Hi,

We (the wikimedia community) tried several times and several solutions
(including FLOSS solution like jitsi or mumble), sadly it didn't work as
well as Hangout.

Cdlt, ~nicolas
Nicolas VIGNERON
2017-11-04 13:38:34 UTC
Hi,

Reminder, the meeting is in half an hour on
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wikimedia.org/wikisource

Notes will be taken on https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wikisource-hangout
and the meta page to gather all these informations is
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_Community_User_Group/November_2017_Hangout

Cdlt,
~nicolas
Post by Nicolas VIGNERON
Hi everyone,
From January to April of this year, we had hangout session to talk more
Cdlt, ~nicolas
Sam Wilson
2017-11-05 00:33:02 UTC
The notes from yesterdays hangout are now online:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_Community_User_Group/November_2017_Hangout
Please tweak as required.

Would Saturday December 16 at 1400UTC be a good time for the next
hangout?
Post by Nicolas VIGNERON
Hi,
Reminder, the meeting is in half an hour on
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wikimedia.org/wikisource>
Notes will be taken on
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wikisource-hangout and the meta page
to gather all these informations is
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_Community_User_Group/November_2017_Hangout>
Cdlt,
~nicolas
From January to April of this year, we had hangout session to talk
mathieu stumpf guntz
2017-11-05 19:28:50 UTC
Hi Sam,

I just had a glance at the table of content, and my eyes directly
catched "2018 Conference". In fact I already had that in mind for
several weeks, as I would like to organize this event in Strasbourg.
Indeed, starting on january our local user group will focus on
Wikisource, and I would like Strasbourg to host as many Wikimedia events
as possible in the coming years.

Strasbourg hosted the Wikiconvention francophone second edition just a
few weeks ago, so we still have hot contacts with misc. institutional
partner that can help on such an event. Actually, I already started to
launch the idea in conversations with some of them.

Any feedback on this proposal is welcome.

Sorry that I missed the confcall.
Post by Nicolas VIGNERON
Hi,
Reminder, the meeting is in half an hour on
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wikimedia.org/wikisource
Notes will be taken on
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wikisource-hangout and the meta page
to gather all these informations is
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_Community_User_Group/November_2017_Hangout
Cdlt,
~nicolas
Hi everyone,
From January to April of this year, we had hangout session to
Andrea Zanni
2017-11-06 08:39:13 UTC
Those of you who where in Vienna 2 years ago know what you need for a
Wikisource conference:
a good hotel in a city with a good airport, but most of all the will and
time to organize an international conference.

The moment there is an organizing committee for the
logistics/food/accomodation/travel/visas/grant,
the programme is the easy part, and we all can contribute.

November 2018 sounds good ;-)

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 8:28 PM, mathieu stumpf guntz <
[...]
From January to April of this year, we had hangout session to talk more
mathieu stumpf guntz
2017-11-13 19:37:15 UTC
Saluton ĉiuj,

Ok, so things are falling into place over here, but before we go
further, we need to know what kind of event format the community want:

* how many attendees,
* coming from where,
* only wikisourcerers/wikimedians, or also open to a wider public like
good potential institutional partners,
* for how long,
* in how many rooms with which capacity

We might go with the same format as Vienna, or we might go for something
a bit different. Your feedback will be predominant in this decision.

In term of calendar, we might also couple the event with "/bilbiothÚque
idéale <http://bibliotheques-ideales.strasbourg.eu/>/" (ideal library)
an annual event which occurs usually in September. We do have
institutional internal contact to give us more information about such a
possibility, but it also need to be fine for wikisourcerers.

Be bold about gathering feedback from your local community, and let me
know if there are other canal through which you would like to see used
for further organisation, ie. Meta.

Ĝis baldaŭ
Post by Nicolas VIGNERON
Hi,
Reminder, the meeting is in half an hour on
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wikimedia.org/wikisource
<https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/wikimedia.org/wikisource>
Notes will be taken on
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wikisource-hangout
<https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wikisource-hangout> and the
meta page to gather all these informations is
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_Community_User_Group/November_2017_Hangout
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_Community_User_Group/November_2017_Hangout>
Cdlt,
~nicolas
Hi everyone,
From January to April of this year, we had hangout session
to talk more directly about Wikisource (see