Bookwise download details through ws-export tool
Add Reply
balaji
2018-09-07 16:26:26 UTC
Hi all,
Many wikisources have implemented the facility to download the
wikisource content in a variety of formats through wsexport tool. And the
download statistics language wise is give at
https://tools.wmflabs.org/wsexport/tool/stat.php

T. Shrinivasan and rajeshkumar have written code and come with reporting
of Bookwise download details through ws-export tool updated on a daily
basis from the wsexport data.

Currently the data is done for three languages. Tamil (ta), Bengali (Bn)
Telugu (te).

The links are

https://tools.wmflabs.org/shrinitools/WSDownloadReport/ta/

https://tools.wmflabs.org/shrinitools/WSDownloadReport/bn/

https://tools.wmflabs.org/shrinitools/WSDownloadReport/te/

If any language is interested in this report and have suggestions to
improve or collaborate can kindly contact T. Shrinivasan. I copying this
mail to his mail id too.

Cheers,
J. Balaji
(User:Balajijagadesh)
Thomas Pellissier Tanon
2018-09-07 20:22:29 UTC
Hi Balajijagadesh,

Congrats for this tool! It's nice to see that the download logs are used!

Cheers,

Tpt

PS: Sadly , in the logs we do not distinguish download requests from humans
and the ones from bots so the numbers may not accurately reflect the number
of actual readers