Book-based pageviews statistics
Andrea Zanni
2017-04-04 21:15:21 UTC
Dear all,
I returned yesterday from the annual Wikimedia Conference in Berlin.
I've quite a few things to tell you about the conf and the strategy, but
let me start with this: thanks to Leon Ziemba and Sam Walton,
we have a nice way to show book-based statistics, meaning the aggregated
pageviews for an entire book (main namespace + all the subpages).

Here's the important diff:
https://it.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki%3AHistlegend&type=revision&diff=1878676&oldid=1699217

So, as an admin, go into your Mediawiki:Histlegend page, and add this code

{{#ifeq:{{NAMESPACENUMBER}}|0|'''·''' [
https://tools.wmflabs.org/massviews?project={{SERVERNAME}}&source=subpages&target=http:{{urlencode:{{fullurl:{{ROOTPAGENAME}}}}}}
book pageviews counter]}}

Then, go into the History of a random ns0 book: you should see a new link
"book pageviews counter" (translate as you wish).

I hope this tool is useful!

Aubrey
balaji
2017-04-05 05:14:50 UTC
​Hi Aubrey,
Thanks for sharing the info. I have made the ​changes to
Tamil Wikisource. Keep sharing more info.
Thanks&Regards,
J.Balaji
counter]}}
Jayanta Nath

Alex Brollo
2017-04-06 13:54:20 UTC
I guess, that if we could build an excellent AJAX-based page viewer
(something like IA viewer, but displaying the wiki view code two nsPage
pages instead of images), how much fast and comfortable is possible, books
views would increase a lot.

Alex